5.12.07

Characters eh? Well... where do I start?

I've enjoyed the last couple of posts about people's characters in moag, and thought, 'what the hey, I'll give it a shot!' But here I am, staring at my computer screen and wondering where the heck do I start?

I've got more moag characters than I know what to do with, and half of them I don't even remember. There's the obvious ones, Atrius Preim (Note the German spelling. No real significance, but I thought it was cool). And, well, okay so maybe he's the only obvious one. He's definitely the one I've played the most.

For those of you who don't know, Atrius is what the Conar call a Quell. He's a half-breed, straight from a Conara military test tube. He's a mixture of Gargonan and Cylonquin, a very interesting mix. He looks roughly human, but does have only one eye. He started off as a peon in the Conar military, working with his "brother" Dannis, a Conar/Naresken (Shadowwire, you'll have to confirm that) mix, as well as Xar (Conar/Macaneon, picture a four armed Conar), Shyla (Conar/Cylonquin, very popular amongst the Conara military, you know, there not being many good looking Conara females), and Garrick Psyche (human/nareskan). The Preim group, as they were called was sent mainly on small mercenary type missions until the "passing" of Admiral Faye, the leader of the Preim project. After which they were transfered to Admiral Hooblabah's command. Hooblabah set them up in the firefight with the squad of Klisk Powered Armor on Earth, where Atrius was separated from the rest of the Preim group, lost his left arm, got a cybernetic implant thanks to a stranded Macaneon in Orlando, and eventually came back to the Conar, got reenlisted as Syrac Krex, commanded his own ship until a group of Conara Mercenaries took it hostage, which turned out to be Dannis and the rest of the Preims.

Anyway, there's too much story to tell here, and I've tried my hand at writing my own novel-like thing which I'll post at a later date, but let me sum up quickly:

The Preims sought out Admiral Sentano, and then under his employ, started looking for Artifacts (will power endowed items) and joined forces with some Gargonans (I know, a very strange partnership), started finding the Gargon Armor (Atrius first found the Black, and the others found theirs after that) helped establish a society on a small planet called Respon in the outer rim and use the planet as the base of their operations, found 9 of the 12 Gargons, confronted Osiris himself, and then the Preims split up, with Atrius heading out to the outer territories for who knows what. Wow.

That was quite a long run on sentence.

That was the last I ever saw of him, and have since retired him from active MOAG play. Although Shadowwire and I have some grand ideas for him, so don't think that's the last you've ever seen or heard of him. He'll show up when you least expect it, but probably when you need him the most. Or not.

So, let me get my breath.

Okay, so that's my most famous character, but I've been lucky enough to have some other important characters. Luckily, that means I've had my hand in the proverbial MOAG slime since the beginning. I've introduced new species into the game, the Gorloch. I've drawn the majority of the species, and so I got to put my own spin on what Shadowwire wanted them to be, and got to be my own creative editor. And I think it's safe to say that Kang, Bot, and myself have been Shadowwire's biggest help in ironing out game play, setting up the MOAG universe, and basically telling Shadowwire that some rules sucked, and needed to be changed.

So I don't really know where this trains going... but I better get off here.

See you all later.

1 comment:

Shadowwire said...

Nice Salvaggio. I must say, your creative touch has indeed helped the MOAG universe grow from simply an idia, into the idia with cool pictures. Anyway, I want to thank all those who have helped tha MOAG universe expand, and that means all of you!
My hats off to you all.