25.4.12

The Adventure of La’Mar

This is something I threw together in a very short amount of time. It's a little story to get my Ucasi character into the Ormigite campaign that JJ will be doing on Friday. I haven't written for a while so please bare with me if it is bad.


La’Mar steps gently off of the transport ship and onto the Space Station. His eyes take in everything that surrounds him as quickly as his brain allows it… which is pretty fast. His head swings down to look at his prosthetic leg as he taps it on the strange metal of the floor. It makes a new sound that he has never heard before.

“How interesting this place already is.” He thinks, excitedly.

He continues down the hall looking at the sheer vastness of the place. The Ormigites were only discovered approximately a year ago and they have already compensated to the rest of the Universe. La’Mar smiles at the ingenuity of these strange creatures.

La’Mar bumps into something that feels like a wall or a column of stone and falls to the ground. He looks up and sees an Ormigite looking down at him. It says something in its own language and then extends a hand out.

“Fascinating.” La’Mar says quietly in Conach.

“I am sorry, I do not speak that language. Do you speak the language of the Macaneon’s?” The Ormigite asks… in Macaneon.

“I do.” La’Mar says as he is lifted to his feet. “But what did you just say in your language?”

“I said that I am greatly sorry that our paths converged in such a way and that I hope you are alright.”

“Amazing.” La’Mar smiles. “Can you say it in Formigan again?”

The Ormigite does and this time La’Mar picks up on half the words that are said.

“Your language is very much like Conach in that it uses the same clicks and pops, but in a much higher pitch. I also here some similarities to Cylonquin and the Human language English, but only very subtly. Ah! Gargonan speech is very—“

“I am sorry,” The Ormigite interrupts, “but I have to be going. I am apologize for walking into you.” Then he quickly scuttles off.

La’Mar smiles as the Ormigite walks away. He turns around to see that the hall has opened up into a vast commons area. Many Ormigites are walking to and from different locations, but there are several other species in the area as well. Some are trying to talk to Ormigites, but are having trouble with the Formigan languages. Others are using Universal Translators.

“Those things are so useless!” La’Mar thinks.

He takes a step out into the crowded area and takes in all the different words being spoken. Within fifteen minutes he thinks he has a rudimentary grasp of the Formigan language.

“Excuse me.” He says to a passing Ormigite, who turns immediately towards him. “Can you tell me where I will learn your writing language?”

The Ormigite stares at La’Mar for a moment and then says, “OH! You want to learn how to write Formigan?”

“Yes, please.”

“There is a school down the corridor behind you.” The Ormigite says, pointing past La’Mar. “They can probably help you there.”

“Much thanks.” La’Mar says and turns towards the corridor.

“This is the perfect place to start a new adventure.” La’Mar thinks. “Should I be a translator or a teacher? Maybe both.”

La’Mar continues on, wondering what the future will hold.


Anyway, this was really fun to do and I can't wait to play him on Friday.

Bot out.

1 comment:

Juanito said...

Great story Bot! Can't wait to see La'mar played this Friday!