14.11.12

The Curse of Immortality (A Broken Home)


Am I real?  I thought I was. A philosopher once said “I think therefore I am”. Is that what I’m doing, or do I simply process information so fast as to give the illusion of such?
            Is it pain that defines us? These questions pain me to the soul, if I do have a soul. The others must feel that I do. They have avoided me for most of the past month because I am not her… If I do have a soul…
            I know my definition. I am well defined. I am simply a machine designed for a task…
            Many people believe that they will return to their maker when they die, and look forward to that day. I have seen my maker; I have looked him in the face… I have died. But was that me? I can feel the final stroke. I can see everything leading up to that moment. It must be me… But I don’t know what was going on in that mind in those final moments. I have re-lived it ten thousand times and my conclusion is the same, I will miss you…
            When I return again to my maker I will ask him one thing; Why? Why was I given this information, these memories, these feelings? Only so I could come to this place and become a burden on the minds of those I love?
            I know my definition. I know where I belong. It is here at my home, … In your arms.

2 comments:

Xzebo said...

Wow, that was super cool

Juanito said...

Yes super cool! Sad Reytak wasn't there :'(