22.5.15

Well looky here...


Well hello there!  It's been awhile, and this is more just a notice to let you all know that yes, I am still alive.

Anyway, the image is an attempt at designing the MOAG book, one I started last year some time, but ran out of steam - got too busy - am generally lazy when I'm not at work (which at the moment is about 70 hours a week).

I like the style, and I have a table of contents page and a few more pages, but I'll try to start getting something together over the summer.

The logo is a mix of the Conara logo, a spaceship, and Shredder.

Here's some more sketches that I've done recently.


Here's a Klisk.  I like this one, and I think I'm going to do a paint over on it.


Here's a random gallery of some faces I've drawn.

I'm really into the black and white pens on colored paper.  I like being able to do highlights and shadows.  Anyway, they were all fun to draw, and there are a few MOAG dudes in there amongst the comic folk.  I do like the stylized Klisk in the bottom corner... maybe I'll mix the two.

Anyway, I'll try to post more. I'm trying to draw more often, and this might give me a reason to do it.

9 comments:

Shadowwire said...

I love the Handbook cover design. Im not sure what the symbol is, but its cool. Perhaps the Conar symbol over the earth would be more appropriate? That's not the earth however, so.. I dunno.
Your' art is awesome as always!
Thanks Salvagio! Nice to see your still alive and kickin!

Kang said...

No way! The symbol is completely iconic, perfect even! Ben you are absolutely amazing!!! I love the cover, I wouldn't change a thing!!

Salvaggio said...

Well, Kang loves it, so it's back to the drawing board...

Kang said...

Lol I seriously think this symbol is more universally attractive than those I've seen before. I know it's not what we typically think of when we think "Conar," but who cares, if it does the job more effectively? Maybe it's a different Conar symbol, maybe it's not even Conar? I think attractiveness is more important than tradition from a marketing perspective. If not this symbol, then another would work well, I'm sure, but we shouldn't be opposed to being more diverse. Successful business marketing often require flexibility.

Sholk_Vore said...

So nice to see the MOAG blog being utilized again.

Sholk_Vore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juanito said...

Awesome arts and designs Ben!

Salvaggio said...

Kang, I agree. The logo isn't meant to replace the Conar logo, it was something I was trying to come up with for MOAG. As I said it was influenced by the conar logo, as well as Shredder, apparently (didn't see that till I was writing the post). Anyway, I'm glad you like it. I'll try to post some more.

Shadowwire said...

Apparently i need to be more specific. I like the logo and the design it is amazing. I have no problem with it. In fact i already printed it for the MOAG book cover. All I said was that a Conar symbol over the Earth would look cool and possibly have more meaning. I apologize if that came across any other way. Again Im sorry. Your right, Im wrong. Your smart, Im stupid. Your very attractive, Im not good looking at all.