19.8.08

Steamboy: Bringing steam punk to the little people everywhere...



Just saw Steamboy the other day, and I have to say it was one of the best Anime movies I've ever seen. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of them, but I really liked it. If you're into Steampunk, and honestly, who isn't, I suggest picking this bad boy up whenever you can. Don't know if Hollywood or Blockbuster carries it, but man, it's awesome. The animation is excellent, the story is great, and the steampunk is... uh... steamy? Punkish? It's just really good. There. That works.

So on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being a chick flick (pick your title...) and 7 being Slaughter in San Francisco, Steamboy ranks in at a Healthy 5 Gargonans. Because we all know 5 Gargonans are better than 3 Conars and a Macaneon. Or was it 2 Klisks and an underdeveloped Cylonquin? Who knows. Anyway, 5 stars and 500 points for those of you keeping score at home.

9 comments:

Salvaggio said...

Speaking of movies, if you haven't seen the latest Team Fortress video, "Meet the Sandvich", it's a must see. In-fact, all the TF2 "Meet the Team" movies are must see, I highly recommend them.

Shadowwire said...

Where would one go to view said movies?

Salvaggio said...

Go to www.steampowered.com. If you don't have Steam installed, you really should. It's Valve's digital delivery service. Think of it as Xbox Live, only better, and free..er.

Pablo Diablo said...

Looks interesting... I will have to watch it before I leave...

Same guys who made Akira did Steamboy, so it should be good or freaking awesome.

Oh and Soul Calibur 4 is freaking awesome. Mitsurugi for the win... and Cervantes too...

Bot said...

We need to have a go again Pablo. I think Nightmare is ready for you.

Pablo Diablo said...

Lame....

Bot said...

Stop talking about yourself like that.

squirrel-the-tire said...

well then salvaggio, as for anime, I think miyazaki is the best (especially howl's moving castle!), but I'll see this one if I have a chance, but seeing as I am half an hour from said hollywood or bockbuster, or anything similar, and don't have any money, my chances are somewhat slim. (it also doesn't help to have tha anime-loving sister off to college.) as for Soul caliber 4, I would love to play it if I get a chance, but as far as awesome games go, I just got to play crysis on a halfway-decent PC, and it was AWESOME; also, I'm exited for starcraft 2, and if you haven't seen the cinimatic trailer, then watch it NOW, because it's awesome! just go to starcraft2.com and you'll be able to find it well enough. Also being stuck with these peices of crap here doesn't help life as a gamer at all. :(

Salvaggio said...

Ah, Miyazaki... Yes those are all good, and he is one of the best. Perhaps a spotlight on him next week (hint hint). Too bad you are so far away from civiliza... I mean a Hollywood or Blockbuster. Well, keep it on a list, and if anyone gets a copy, send it Squirrel's way.