25.10.07

The Kiss of the Devil's Bane.


Or as I like to call it, "How I learned to use my new robotic left arm".

And so I bring to the table, as my most "memorable" weapon, the Devil's Bane. I am choosing this not because it's my favorite weapon, or because it's incredibly powerfull. It's mainly because I was one of the first M.O.A.G.ers to feel it's wonderful effects, ie. to get shot by one.

It happened on my first official mission with Atrius Preim. The Preim group was sent down to earth to clear out some small "rogue elements" before "The Hunt" began. Little did we know that the "rogue elements" where a full squadron of Klisk Battle Armor, waiting for us. Needless to say, Conara battle armor doesn't hold up too well to a Devil's Bane from 15 feet. I'd tell the whole story, but it's actually being written down at the moment, Bot has inspired me to continue my journeys with Atrius, so this short summary will have to do for now. Well, when I came to I was in the bottom of an elevator shaft of an abandoned building somewhere in Florida. I had survived the encounter, but had my left arm broken and the muscles and tendons shredded by the Klisk heavy cannon. I eventually had the arm amputated, and a kind Macaneon, "The Guru" gave me the robotic implant while I was in Miami waiting to be picked up by any passing ship.

So there it is. The Kiss of the Devil's Bane. While i've felt the kiss and lived to tell the tale, I'd rather not like to try it again.

1 comment:

Bot said...

Good start Salvaggio!