5.4.08

The Unreasonable Rolls

Do you ever get the feeling that some people can't ever lose at rolling? And that sometimes people have such a "high roll" on EVERYTHING that your poor little character doesn't even stand a fighting chance?
If so, then you have come to the right place...

Honestly, I'm just gonna vernt right here. Right now. And if I offend anyone... well tough cookie sister! I'm really sick of playing with these "super-so-called-characters"
My first character I had to freakin earn a ton of XP just to make her, shall we say, less-dumb? And I'll admit that she was pretty good at a lot of things, only because I got lucky and rolled a pair of REAL dice. But some people's children don't roll real dice. They roll "electronically". Now, I'm not naming names, but most of you should know who I'm talking about.
We have no clue as to whether or not they are cheating on their rolls because they don't include themselves in the group really. I mean, I can sit there and be thinking "hmm...well I'm good at that. I could roll that easy enough" and then BAM! Someone is like "I bet it be 37!" and I'm like "Are you for real?!" And this person has made their character AFTER I have spent months playing. There is freakin no one you can be that high on something, unless you spent like every point on that one attribute. But this is for EVERYTHING! I swear, I don't think this person has ever had a bad roll. EVER! And that just can't be bloody fair.
Its not cool that someone can just jump into the game and have a "super-so-called-character" among the rest of us "average-characters" Now, I know that some of you have played for way longer then me, but you have all worked to get your characters super bad-A. This person hasn't. Un-cool. I swear, my character is gonna lose it one of these days and just kill him before you can say "Cheese and rice!!"
Honestly, its ok to lose sometimes. Don't cheat on your rolls and use real dice. Its not going to kill you. My character died because of a bad roll (and cause I also said "just push the button") but you dont see me crying over it! I thought it wasa freakin awesome and it was probably the funnest times.... except that one time I got ate by that one huge eyeball thing..... that was pretty sweet, I wont lie.

Anyways, so yea.... thats my taxed-thoughts

9 comments:

Pablo Diablo said...

I agree... Un-cool it is... Destroy the Sith we must...

Salvaggio said...

Speaking as one with a character who is, how do you say, "Bad A@#$!!", I can tell you that playing said character really is only fun when Shadowwire has us fighting Galactus and his band of Ax-Di-Yoki (I probably didn't even come close to spelling that right...). I actually have a lot more fun playing a character with whom I have to really work to survive. Like our friend here states, sure you may die, but honestly, nothing is as much fun as knowing that unless you roll a 17, you're toast. Or Shadowwire has to come up with a reason you survived the 500 ft. fall down the chasm...

Don't ask me why there was a large inflatable tent at the bottom. There just was okay!

Anyway, super-powerful characters really should only be played with other superpowerful characters. That's why I had my "Bad A@#$!!!" retired. It was too hard to use him with other players, and have it be 1) fun for all of us, and 2) fair for the rest of the players. So bad pool, folks. Bad pool.

Bot said...

I agree with the Salvaggio totally! And the PRP (Punk-Rokk Princess)! How can a character that just barely started the game be super uber mega hyper good at..... well..... pretty much everything??? Does that make sense???

We figured out the last M.O.A.G. session that I have been playing Bara for approximately 15 years! In the beginning he was nothing more then a dumb thug! Now he's the spokesperson for our Mercenary Unit! He's gone from 9 in Knowledge to 18. 9 in Reasoning to a 14. 15 years of hard work to make him a smart Klisk! I am very proud of Bara. He is a superpowerful character NOW not THEN!

What else can I say?! Work on your character and get them better! Don't start with a superpowerful character.

Shadowwire said...

I could'nt agree more. That is why the Charactor Generation rolls have been changed so much lately. Also, I've tried to make it very expensive to get "Brain Boxed". However when players seem to have all the cashola' in the universe, it makes it difficult to limit the cybernetic abillity of said players.
At any rate, If anyone has any suggestions for the GM to remedy such things, Im sure they would be received well.

Bot said...

Don't let players just start out as the "boxed brain" or anything close.

Omally said...

yeah I hate how people can just buy brain boxes and get powerful. UNLESS ITS ME. but i try not to act powerful and take all the glory (if i am please tell me)

Bot said...

Yeah, but omally... don't you remember what happened to you? You didn't start Honk as a boxed brain... and if Bara hadn't made that amazing diving catch into the end zone... I mean elevator you would have ended the game as a head.

Punk-rokk Princess said...

Yea. exactly! Omally had to be saved and that was the only way. and besides. when he first started out he sucked until he got used to it... i remember that.... good times good times.... That was when Jocky was crazy

omally said...

Alas I could not roll a 17 and fell down the chasm in fact i think i rolled a 2 that time. lucky the people in the tent were from Cyber Corp.