25.3.09

The Ides of March

Beware the ides of march they say... I don't know who "they" are, but apparently they were right.  I've looked at our blog history, and every year January and February are record months, with lots of posts and comments.  Moral is high, the Conar are relatively sedate, and the smell of cordite fills our nostrils.  

But there, lurking in the back, is March.  It sneaks up quietly on us, trying to catch us unawares, and when it does, WHAM!  Spring is here, and no one wants to sit inside and type and chat and MOAG.  The sun is shining, it's warm enough to wear shorts.  

Well, I have to admit, I'm rather busy at the moment.  So while this IS a post, its substantialy empty.  Well, I hope you all have a great March, and I'm coming down for 8 days in April, so we'll have lots of time to do stuff then.

Till April!

10 comments:

squirrel-the-tire said...

It snowed this morning. It really did. I've been QuakeWorlding away, and still need a darn processor fan.

Shadowwire said...

OK... What type of socket is it you need an fan for? just so happens that I have access to a number of unused processor fans.
Oh, and Happy March!

squirrel-the-tire said...

Not sure, but it's an AMD Athlon XP processor. It happen's to be the same processor as sam's desktop, so I can ask him for more info as a last resort, but the type of processor is probably enough....

squirrel-the-tire said...

Oh, and Happy March to you! :)
Happy March to all. Kind-of funny, because I've been reading parts from Julius Ceasar in English. :)

squirrel-the-tire said...

I think that maybe, as a project for leaning to do some coding, and putting something together as a team, we could do a MOAG-oriented Mod for a game of sorts... Just an Idea, Take it or leave it. I happen to be most familiar with quakeworld, so that's my Idea, but we would need everyone to want to do it. If you don't want to, that's fine, but it's just an idea to get things going on both this blog, and C++invasion.. Like I said, it's a random idea, and I'm just throwing it in the air, take it or leave it, I don't realy care. -I'm a poet, and I just realized it! -so well....just think about it. If you don't want to, I'm fine with that. I might as well stop babbling now anyways.. :)

Shadowwire said...

Athalon Xp processors could use any of the following sockets, depending on which proccessor it is. Socket A; Socket 563; Socket 754.
Each socket requires its own unique Heat sink Bracket.
I have a heatsink and fan for a Socket 754 if that is what you need. If not, buy one from newegg for $8.00.

squirrel-the-tire said...

I'm not sure what type it is, but it's 1.4 Ghz. I can take a pic if you think that'll help.. :/

Bot said...

It's really frustrating. I can't sleep... but I can't seem to get anything productive done either!

I'm still working on the next section of the Sarg/Garg story. Hopefully it will be done soon. Also, if anyone wants a copy of the story in it's entirety when it is completed, just tell me and I will get your email from the contributor page and send it to you.

squirrel-the-tire said...

:) That story is awesome. Hope to see more of it soon! :)

squirrel-the-tire said...

SOCKET 462! I'm blind It says in the socket. DUH. So I need a different fan. Well, thanks anyway.
Yeah, I'll look at the newegg.