10.8.07

A New Beginning

So just the other day, Tuesday August 7th to be precise, I went to Mountain West Books and had the honor of meeting one of my favorite authors of all time, Mr. Orson Scott Card. (For those of you who don't know, he wrote The Ender's series along with many other Science Fiction and Fantasy novels.) He signed all six books that I brought with me and we got to talk for a few fleeting, yet enlightening moments. Needless to say, he was a very nice man and in a surprisingly short amount of time, he reminded me of several reasons why I wanted to become a writer and inspired me to start again.

So here's where I begin. . . again. I am going to take the first story I wrote based on some of my characters from the M.O.A.G. Universe and revise it. This will be a test and a means of letting myself "stretch my legs" before I start the long haul. Shadow and Shuriken might recognize it, but I don't know if I let Salvaggio read the original. It is titled Madness:Revision and I hope that it is the first in a long line of stories that will come about. Heaven knows that the M.O.A.G. Universe is packed to the brim with good stories.

5 comments:

Salvaggio said...

HE'S ALIVE!!!!

We were wondering when you'd post, mister Bot. Needless to say, you forgot that Mr. Card helped with a beautiful illustrated novel entitled
"Robota" (illustrated by Doug Chiang). Cool that you got to meet him. I eagerly await your story revision. And because I'm such a good fan, I'll get you my story that I started to write. Just beware, I have never dreamed of being a writer.

Bot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bot said...

I forgot about Robota!!! That was amazing. Anyway, glad I could finally add to the nonsense.

Anonymous said...

I would much rather read about Madness than valves, toilets, and pipe. It's a shame that both yourself and Shadowwire are not reknowned authors by now.

Nothing wrong with peddling pipe. I was about 5 seconds away from doing that back in my "I turn down every job I see" days.

Bot said...

I'm sick of the Plumbing, Electrical and General Contracting in... general.... hmm.