29.6.08

A very wide range of topics...



Okay, Squirrel, there's a picture. It's old, and not quite in the "t" pose that most animators start with, but give it a try, it should prove a good challenge but one I'm sure you can handle. I'll try to get you something. Maybe when I finish the pyro I'll give you a t pose for him. But until then, this will have to do.

Topic #2: Everybody remember Car Wars? If you do, and Shadowwire I know you do, then you need to check this out. It looks pretty sweet and darn near awesome. Reminds me of the glory days of Battletech, and all the goodness we used to have at Joe-Bob's house. I remember fondly the 10 hours of setup time, the gallons of Root Beer consumed, Colin slapping me on the back of the head and the resulting... uh, incident that followed. Plus I'm pretty sure I gained like 20 lbs. every time we had the Battletech weekend thanks to the food and snacks that were readily available. Then there was the game itself, I'd never thought so much blood could be spilt over a pen and paper game, but there was a lot. All I need to say is "Red Dwarf" (Not the British comedy, but my spry little 35 tonner that brought Shadowwire to his knees...) I can still see his mangled little paper counter, lying there in a heap of twisted hopes and dreams. (sniff) WHY! WHY CRUEL FATE! WHY!?? I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
Well, back to Car Wars. It looks really cool, and it would be fun to play, what do you think Shadowwire?

Topic #3: Spore. Now, i'm sorry Squirrel, that your PC can't run the spore creature creator. But you have to realize, this game comes from the same company that brought you Crysis, the game where all lesser computers go to die. Literally. Let's check out the requirements for this beauty of a game:

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
Storage: 12GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
ODD: DVD-ROM
OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Core 2 Duo/Athlon X2 or better
RAM: 1.5GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better
VRAM: 512MB of Graphics Memory
Storage: 12GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
ODD: DVD-ROM
OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

I don't know about you, but I don't have anywhere near that kind of PC here at home. At work, sure, but what's the fun of playing games at work! Wait, what am I saying? Playing games at work rocks! Especially when you can't get in trouble for it!.

Anyway, sorry to hear that it won't run on your machine Squirrel, here's hoping that sometime soon a new (or even a pre-certified Used) computer falls into your hands. Until then, keep chugging away. We're rooting for you.

4 comments:

Shadowwire said...

Well, Im all for it.
That having been said, the pics of the Gargonan and Conara Are as awsome as always.
Its 1:00 am, the only time I ever have to check this blog lately, and so I wont be posting anything tonight... But soon! I swear!
Keep on Keepin on! Later.

squirrel-the-tire said...

Sweet! Thanks Salvaggio, I would say more, but my mom's bugging me for the computer.

squirrel-the-tire said...

Well, if my brother Sam had a faster processor, then I would bug him, but I Don't have access to any good enough PC, unless I go all the way to my cousin's house in Salem, they have one of those New MACs that has all the hardware built into a nice flat-screen, dual-booting MAC OS X, and Windows XP. They also have a PC that is very capable of having 5gb of RAM, and running Crysis, very well. (not quite crossfire, but if I remember right, 512mb video card, dual core 3.0GHz processors. The MAC being about equally good. Too bad they only use them for WOW.) The PC I have are as follows:

My DAD's (sort-of the family PC with many a driver issue; bought by some of my siblings, mainly Sam):
1.8GHz 256mb RAM. some crappy built in graphics card. (the 256mb card he got had problems that I explained earlier.)

Sam's 1.4GHz 1gb RAM 256 MB ATI ALL IN WONDER graphics card (very nice)

My PC (got it for passing the State test for my Intro to IT class)
1.0GHz pentuim 3 128mb RAM (can handle 512, but I need moneys, is barely running XP, which I also got for free, and it's not the boot-legged version) and some kind of 32mb card that does enough GL to run blender.

The OLD Tower (been arounf as long as I can remember, and is running 95)
some slow pentuim, over 1gb or RAM! (I have NO idea how) a lot of hard drives, and would have been AMAZING 10 years ago.

Many an other old PC

I have a PC that (other than RAM) has enough to RUN well enough. It has a 700mhz celeron.
I also have a motherboard with a celeron on it.

Some 300mhz pc running win 2000

around 10 old video cards mostly from '98

a pentuim 2 I got for 10$ at DI (has a nifty composite input, 3 SDRAM slots, and the good old ATI 3D Range Pro built in. It's running 95, and even came with a working DVD ROM in it! I even tested it out watching Hellboy, and it works WELL!)

a bunch of old pentuims, and 486s in an anti-static bag.

about 15 of those old 8mb RAM chips one of them looks like it might have mote on it, seeing as it is twice the physical size(old stuff)

and so on, and so forth.

squirrel-the-tire said...

Well, I like the Idea of a Pyro...
I could have him finished much more quickly than this Gargonan.