23.10.08

It's Halloween! What are you gonna be?

There you are, standing at the mirror in the D.I., looking for anything that will go with the lemon-yellow hounds-tooth jacket you're holding in your hands. It's a beaut, and it's only 3 bucks. You'll also need to have your significant other sew in an "extension" in the back, seeing as it's a small and you've been visiting the big boys table for way to long to think you can shimmy into this with out you-tube being involved. So you wander around the store for 30 more minutes, trying to convince yourself that a) you can loose the weight by tomorrow night's party, or b) the fabric's pretty durable, you're sure it'll stretch.

We all know how this ends. It doesn't ever fit. If I've learned anything about Halloween shopping at the D.I., it's this cold, hard fact: Do your Halloween shopping in July!

Needless to say, I'm not going to be wearing a costume this year. Perhaps I will sport the faux-hawk again, but who knows... Anyway, due to some other events that we have planned for Halloween day, I can't get into any costume until that night, so I'll probably go as an overweight father of 4. I already have all the costumes for that. So while I'm not going to be anything this year, I was thinking that if I COULD be something, what would it be?

So here it is, a list of costume Ideas that I'd like to try or see somebody pull off. I doubt these are ground breaking ideas, it's a big world out there, so I'm not guaranteeing that you won't see these around. But if you do, snap a pic, I'd like to see them...

So on to the list!

#1 - Brock Sampson



I've seen this one attempted, but honestly, nobody has pulled it off yet. The notorious Swedish Body guard is apparently quite a tall task for those eager, yet ultimately unimpressive attempts that I have seen thus far.

#2 - The main dude from Dead Space



I know I should know his name, our company DID make the game, but you'll have to forgive me, I was blinded by the awesomeness of his suit...

#3 - The Heavy



I've seen this one a lot as well, but again, like Mr. Sampson, it hasn't been pulled off to the level of awesomeness that it requires. Perhaps, if you happen to have a large comrade from Eastern Europe, you are required to have him dress up as the heavy this Halloween. It's the law.

Well, there are more out there, I know you all want to see anyone in the Princess Lea slave bikini/outfit, but you'll have to dig that one up for your own self.

If you have a good costume idea or see one, let's post it up here so we can all get a good look.

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Juanito said...

Well the clan of Bot and Juanito already have their costumes made and are ready to go but...

...due to the secretness of nature they will not be revealed until Shadowire's halloween party tonight.

I think after that there will be a post with a pic of them.

Bot said...

OH YEAH!!! The awesome-est costumes of awesomeness... est.... We have all worked very hard on these costumes. Friends and families have worked hared on these costumes with us!...

But!!! Alas, Mr. Juanito is correct and we can not reveal the nature of these costumes until the party tonight at Shadowwire's home.

You will see pics though.

Bot said...

I will give a clue though..........

They have nothing to do with the aforementioned costumes on Salvaggio's list.... or at least very little.

Shadowwire said...

Heavy weapons guy, I am not. Due to lack of heaviness. However I do Have some pretty good props. Last year,.... and the year before I dressed as the camoflauged skeleton with a Gatling cannon. I'll post a pic later. The Gatling cannon represents $60 worth of plumbing parts, paint, and one broken Thrustmaster joystick.
Ah, good times.
This year however, Im thinking Salvagio's costume (overweight father of four) has some allure. I might be able to pull off (underweight father of two).

squirrel-the-tire said...

hmm... I'm not sure if I'll do anything this year... Depends on the gangs plan.. to bad you're not in our currnt risk game shadowwire.. anyways... I still think you should work more on that chaingun.. btw, any awesome max creations in the past since-i've-been-there-to-see-them?

Shadowwire said...

Unfortnately, nope. No sweet max pics. Im so out of practice I'd be lucky to make a flat square thing with a hole in it...
Dont ask.
Anyway, my costume was very comfortable. I wore a Judo gi and said that I was Chuck Noris.