27.4.09

Jadak 4: Communication Log (Archive #DS1P3P4s)

This was a fun one to write. I hope everyone enjoys the format I put it in. Sorry it is so long and sorry that it comes so quickly after the last entry. I'm just getting really bored lately and this story is in the front of the queue. Also, remember that you can freshen up on this story by clicking on the Sarg/Garg label at the bottom of this post. Thanks again guys, keep on keepin' on.

Communication Log/Textarchive/DS1P3P4s/Date:142r23s33/mission:*******
////////audiofile deleted/Authorization; Security Officer Prink 4GA41212
Capt/Commanding Officer:Captian Tallon Argus;
CSO/Chief Science Officer: Qillus Tann;
CommO/Communication Officer: Marsh Rouse;
Shuttle2-2\+=+\Jadak4maincomm
log declassified/f34d44eEr3

***&^%%$%^(((+))}]43m456k
////////////////////

Incoming transmission/409;frequency79s9d9rr33012

CSO/ This is Chief Science Officer, Qillus Tann. Can you hear me Jadak 4? Repeat;... (interference) ...Jadak 4?

CommO/ Captain Argus. Incoming transmission from Shuttle2. You wanted to speak to him?

Capt/ About time. Mr. Tann, how are things going?

CSO/ Not too goo... (interference) aulty comm sys... (interference) You are coming in rather poorly. There seems to be a... (interference) ...hear me?

CommO/ Sir, Tann's signal is cutting in and out. Wasn't Shuttle2 scheduled for maintenance due to trouble with the comm system and engines?

Capt/ Yes, but I scheduled him for launch clearance a full hour after the maintenance was supposed to occur. That should have given the repair crew ample time to get that thing fully operational.

Find any information you can about this, immediately.

CommO/ Yes, sir.

Capt/ Mr. Tann, we are getting a lot of interference on our end as well. Are your engines operational? Repeat: Are your engines operational?

CSO/ Negat... (interference) ...t I could to the comm system to get them ru... (interference) ...I'm a Scien... (interference) ...ot a technician. (interference) things are good down... (interference) ...made contact with one... (interference) not be hostile in any way. I beli... (interference) ...telligent. More so than I origina... (interference) ...ntinuing my tests.

Capt/ Intelligent? More so than you realized before?

CSO/ Affirmative... (interference)... and curious.

CommO/ Sir, the maintenance on Shuttle2 was rescheduled from 0900 to 1100 hours--

Capt/ and Mr. Tann was cleared to launch at 1000 hours. Who authorized the change in schedule?

CommO/ Chief Security Officer Prink. He changed them at 0850.

Capt/ That son of a bitch! Get Prink here right now!

CommO/ I can't, Sir. He took Shuttle1 down to the surface. He took a few of his security team with him.

Capt/ Damn it! Get him on another channel! He is going to spend some time in his own brig!

CommO/ Uhhh... I can't do that either, Sir. I have tried. He appears to have shut off the comm system and has not responded to several hales.

Capt/ What the hell did he go down there for?!

CommO/ The reason he gave in the log is: Recreation.

Capt/ On a desert planet? What could that idiot be doing down there that he can't do on this ship?

CommO/ I don't know, Sir.

Capt/ Prep Shuttle3, I'm going down there myself and bring Prink back dead or alive!

CommO/ Uhhh....

Capt/ WHAT NOW?!!!

CommO/ Sir, all the other shuttles are down. They took heavy damage from our last mission. 1 and 2 are the only ones operational.

Capt/ Aaarrgghhh. (sound of heavy object being slammed.) Keep trying that backstabbing puke Prink and keep me updated. Inform Mr. Tann that we are doing everything that we can to get him back to the ship, but he will have to stay down there for some time. We will keep him informed. I will be in my quarters!

CSO/ Sir, when will so... (interference) ...wn and help me with the engines? I am in no hurry to get off the planet, I just want to know when I can... (interference.)

CommO/ Tann, this is Comm. Officer Rouse. The Captain wants me to inform you that we are working on getting someone down to you as quickly as possible. Someone had rescheduled the repairs for Shuttle2 and that is why it was not fixed. Please be patient and continue with your current actions. We will keep you informed of any status update.

Jadak 4 out.

Endtransmission/endarchive/DS1P3P4s
retrieved:OCM;Quantus Setca/date123r33s34

1 comment:

squirrel-the-tire said...

AWESOME! This is definitely giving it a direction to go in. I can't wait for the next one.