5.4.09

Selidor Jezerit

So I've decided that I just post after MOAG sessions. And we've had two in a row, soooo.... Anyhow, the story below is a character I created while the previous session was going on. I just wanted a character of whom I could go crazy with his backstory even though I might not use him for.... forever. All I knew I wanted before I made him is that I wanted him to be insane and to be human. And the best thing I rolled for his character sheet was that he owns a mining planet, yet only has 200 credits. The result is of Selidor Jezerit's story below. As told from his view. Enjoy. Rated Q for some questionably random violence.

-P.



I used to own a planet. No, honestly. In fact I probably still have it somewhere—I can’t really imagine a planet just up and disappearing… though… well, it’s not unheard of. Anyhow, I did have one, and I called it Nak’ir Motiszen. It might have had a name before I owned it, but it’s my planet so I can call it whatever the bloody hell I want. Motiszen was a mining planet; it made me quite a bit of credits because of that. But one day I decided that I wanted to build myself a mech. After all, mechs are pretty amazing, I would look intense in one, and they do a lot of damage. It would be fantastic.

Save for three problems… First, I haven’t the faintest idea of how to build a mech. Second, I would have to get any mechanical parts from a different planet. And third, my skills in piloting aren’t exactly… What’s a good word for it? Ah yes, they aren’t exactly ideal. To say the least, this expedition went horribly wrong and four years later I’m stuck on the space station Koge with only a hundred credits to my name. Oh, that and a planet of which I have no clue where it is or how it’s doing right now. (Yeah, not really the best at navigation either, by the way.)

At the moment I happened to be in a dark Koge alleyway; I didn’t have memory of how I got there, but didn’t bother asking. Ending up in strange places was not an uncommon occurrence for me. The alleyway was extremely dark, looking out onto a shopping strip. The stores declared their wares from weapons, to piercings, to ship parts, to tools—the list goes on and on. And species as varied as these wares were scurrying about the stores. All were intimidating in their own aspect and all were hardened, frowning. I scoffed loudly from the dark alleyway—this existence had made us all equal in at least the one fact that no one trusted anyone any more. Good gracious, what was the universe coming to?

At that moment a human walked by; thin, male, and practically unprotected. His armor was weak at best and the man was distracted with a map at the time. Absolutely fantastic. I crouched down and grabbed the man’s leg, pulling his feet literally out from beneath him, and dragged the poor soul into the alley. He let out a cry of protest, but then he found it hard to make much more sound after I repetitiously slammed my fist into his throat. You mustn’t think too badly of him though. After all, I’m sure I would also find it difficult to yell if I were in his situation. I released him to grab a broken bottle in a forgotten corner of the alley, and he started crawling towards the light at the opening—silly man. I slammed my booted foot onto his legs before he could get too far which resulted in a satisfying cracking sound and then I started bashing the bottle into the back of his head.

Eventually he stopped trying to crawl towards the light.

“You know,” I said mildly afterwards, “maybe there’s a reason no one trusts anyone anymore.” And I ignored someone’s surprised shout (they had just happened to look down this particular alleyway) while I searched through the man’s pockets with dripping red hands, soon finding some currency.

I now had two hundred credits to my name. Today was going to be a fantastic day.

7 comments:

squirrel-the-tire said...

Nice. Defenitely rated Q.

Bot said...

Amazing, and for some reason... you scare me now! :)

Shadowwire said...

umm... Yeah. You already scared me, now you just scare me a little more.
I like the writing however. Keep up the good work!

squirrel-the-tire said...

So... Spring Break for me. :) I still need a socket 462 fan....I think I should to something to the cppinvasion though...
..Anyways...

Xzebo said...

Cause we're aliens... and that's how we roll.
anywho, good story, reminds me of richard somehow :)

Kang said...

I'm not scared, I want more!

Violent and entertaining.., all we need is popcorn! :D

Bot said...

Don't forget the ICEE!!!!