15.11.07

Another Belated Entry, or is that Ablative Entry..... >.< I don't know.

Kang Dragoon....... Don't ask.

Gar Vs. Garr

These two Conar families have a common root ages ago. The Garr's are a respected noble family with histoical lineage dating back to the beginnings of the Conar empire.
Some time back, there were some select members of the family who began dealing in criminal activity, mafia. In order to save face with the empire, the mainstream family rejected their criminal cousins and banished them. The banished family dropped the last 'R' from their name, and have ever since been known as the Gar's. Over the years, they have developed one of the most successful and dangerous criminal organizations that exists within the Conar Empire.
Needless to point out. The two families, one adhering staunchly to government and religious tradition and the other complete rebels, are mortal enemies.

5 comments:

Salvaggio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salvaggio said...

I remember you telling me about this. And that was what I was talking about. There can be so much more to a name, and if all are aware to the major traditions and name usage of a species, those cool facts like the Garr vs. Gar factions will only be more understood.

Bot said...

Good post Kang. And you were NOT late. For once.... I kid, I kid. ;)

Savara said...

As someone belonging to the Garr clan, I would like to thank the great Kahn for the enlightening history lesson. I know I was taught this, but it was a long time ago and facts tend to get fuzzy sometimes. Also, seeing it in print helps it lodge more firmly in the grey matter.
Again, thanks.

Kang said...

Any time. :)