11.2.08

Please don't take away my license...

Okay, as you can see, there isn't any art today in the Monday MOAG art post. That's all my fault. I'm still working on the Klisk image, so bear with me. I'll see if I can post an update on it tomorrow (not that there's much to look at, it's mostly just background at the moment). I will really try to finish it this weekend, but then I made the same promise last week, so don't expect anything.

On a general note, we've all noticed the recent additions to our ranks on the MOAG blog. I'd like to welcome all of the newcomers, and ask a small favor: Please post a simple entry about who you are, you don't need to list specifics or anything (You don't need to post you're name or address), just how long you've been MOAGing for and who got you into it, as well as any amusing anecdote you'd like to pass on. Label them as "Hey Look! It's the new guy!", and that way they'll all be together for easy perusing. I only ask this because I'm stuck on the outer rim of the MOAG territories, and I don't have as much contact with the rest of the MOAG universe, so I'd like to get to know the members of the Blog somehow. And showing up uninvited on your doorstep is probably not the best solution. We should probably make the "old" guys do this too, but we're old. And lazy. So it may take some convincing.

Now onto a more serious note. We've all been having great ideas as to how to make the game better. I think this needs to continue. But in order for this to be successful, we need to have some order. I therefore propose that Shadowwire has the final say in all things MOAG. I know that there are a lot of us that feel that MOAG is our baby just as much as it is Shadowwire's, but the simple fact is, He's been involved in 100% of the dealings of the game. No one else can say that. I know that Kang has probably done more than the rest of us for the game, and Bot and Myself have contributed quite a lot, but none of us can claim to be involved as much as Shadowwire. That's why I think it should be his decision. Now having said that, here's some advice I have for Shadowwire: Let the rest of us help you. When we submit an idea and it's not exactly what you had in mind, work with us to find a solution. Don't just throw it away. Also, let others help in making decisions when possible. If you can get a majority to agree on something, then go with it. It's for this reason that I suggest Shadowwire have the final word, not so he can be an iron-handed dictator, but that when we get into a discussion on what something should or shouldn't be, he can provide direction and a cohesive vision of what MOAG should be. I see us gathering in the future to discuss the book and what should be in it, and having some good, healthy discussions on all sorts of topics, and the only way we'll get something done is if we all agree that someone is in charge.

Anyway, I'll climb down off my soapbox now. I promise to get more artwork done and up on the site as soon as possible. I hope to have another piece to show during the week, while it's not necessarily MOAG art, it is science-fiction, and I hope you'll like it.

2 comments:

Kang said...

Yes, Shadowire is the father and we're the uncles.

And for the record, I wouldn't claim to have had more involvement or influence in the game than Salvaggio or Bot. But thanks for the acknowledgement. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. *Gives Salvaggio a big manly (Un-Gay) bear-hug* :DDD

Yes, West needs to have the final word. But if we feel strongly about something we should not be afraid to push for it. That way we can get the most out of the teamwork. And it makes for good debate too.

Pablo Diablo said...

Agreed.

Good post Salvaggio. Way to keep us on track. :)