22.1.08

Here here!

Touche! If we think of it as a Shadowwire/Selvagio thing, of course the task look overwhelming. It is not just a two person thing. It is an "US" thing. We can generate allot of momentum if we use the combined efforts of us all.

Some minor issues with the "Predator" thing. I don't think it is as big an issue as is being portrayed.

The Will-Power thing? Not an issue at all.

I have a few things to add.
1: Not all will power users are benevolent universe saving heroes. Not all are inter-galactic menaces.
I believe that the Gargonan and Conara species, combined with their complex history of conflict, can be tapped into, to generate a general feeling that will define the overall universe and veer the casual observer away from any thought of Starwars/Predator/whatever may pop into their wee little brains. Minor cosmetic adjustments to the Conara, a quick stop into a plastic surgeon, perhaps a little analgesic cream and Voila! We have a non-predator.

2: Will power/psionic power/magic, is almost expected nowdays in the realm of fantasy/scifi.

3: I was always under the impression that we were going to make "Will-Power," into a separate resource; a not-required but available companion manual for those incline to use it or with to adapt it into their personal campaigns. I don't believe we even need it, in order to publish a successful game. And beside, it will generate more $$$ if it is a separate resource. This will allow those who think the will-power thing is lame notion, (and believe me, there are those weirdos out there,) to ignore that it exists, allowing them to still play in their own little universes, designed just the way they like it.
4:On the, "Just the way you like it" note. I agree with the whole, "give in a little," notion. A successful game is going to require some adaptation. A little give and take on the part of the Shadowire bio-book. Adapt and adjust, take more input and allow for other peoples ideas to overrule your own when it is done for the sake of progress, rather than adhering to your own ideas because that's the way you think of it. That has been my biggest issue with the whole thing actually. Sometimes you have to throw out an idea, even if you are intimately attached to it, in order to let the story live. Some of the best ideas are the ones you have to discard to complete the work. Yes it is beautiful, yes it is grand, yes it is yours and you don't want to see it go, but if it is killing the thing as a whole, it must be let go of. To quote a certain Vulcan, "The needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few, or the one."

Shadowire, I am in writing mode. Copy everything that is relevant and get it ready for me. I'll be up in to weeks to get it. I'll compile and put together some ideas for you to look over. I think it's time to quite talking about it and just Get 'er done! Better to do it sooner than later and perhaps never.

Brainstorm... a "Very" good idea! I'm on board. Let's do it starting now!

2 comments:

Salvaggio said...

Very well put. I agree with everything you said. I too think that with some minor adjustments, we won't face any copyright infringement of any kind. I was merely pointing out something that I have had too much experience with in the professional world, and that is if you put something out there that even remotely resembles something someone else did, both your audience and everyone else will see the connection. I agree that the Conara and Gargonan are much more developed and deep than merely being a predator, but we just have to make sure of that when this all comes together.

As for the collaboration, I only wish I could be there to take part in the brainstorming sessions. When ever you do meet, someone take notes and get them to me. As for assisting with art, please feel free to submit anything. If it doesn't end up being used, at least it will spark new ideas and give concrete images to thoughts and ideas. And I'm sorry here, but I WILL be picky with art, it has to look professional. And I will be the first to admit that some of my work is neither good nor professional.

Anyway, the next time I'm down south, I would very much like to get together for a brainstorming session, besides, it's been too long since I've had the pleasure of sitting at the same table as Kang.

Bot said...

By the way, I didn't want to start a feud. I wanted to get the moss off of the old stone. So lets get things rolling.