22.1.08

The Return of Bot or How I Took Salvaggio's Top 10 List and Shreaded it to pieces!!!

The title is a joke Salvaggio!!! Anyway, I must apologize for my lack of being here. I don't really have a good excuse, I just haven't posted for a while. So sorry.

Kk, now... here we go.

Yes Midget Ninja Assassins are absolutely terrifying, Tom Cruise is some sort of demon sent from the underworld, donuts are yummy and the Writers Strike is looking like its trying to go longer then the NHL Player Strike. These points are more valid to me then the next five.

5. Content. The content is there. Wes has a life time of content put into this. Not to mention Kang Pablo Salvaggio and myself (Bot.) The artwork may be a different story all together, but I believe we need to sit down some time and Brain Storm the whole content thing.

4. Copyright Infringement. Yes the Conar look A LOT like the Predators. The only way we can change that is to stop thinking of them as the Predators! All the pictures also look a lot like the Predators. The Force thing is a minor issue and the only trouble we would have is from the Rabid Star Wars fans that don't think anything can come close to Star Wars' Greatness. Apart from that, their is relatively little else that needs to be changed. Yet again, BRAIN STORM SESSION!!!

3. A Captive Audience? I am changing this to Need for a Book. There is a captive audience down here and 2 other GM's here in Cedar City that would love to have a standard book instead of the old standby... which goes something like this. "Hey Wes. Where is the Hit Location Chart?" "In the book........... somewhere." "I looked all through it." "Oh, yeah! I took it out for [insert some random reason here]. It's still on a clipboard." Then the conversation just gets worse after that. Anyway, you get the picture. Finding Weapons, races, rolls for various tasks and a plethora of other things can sometime take from precious play time. Actually, most times... if you're not Shadowwire. The people are coming Salvaggio! With or without a book. I think it might actually be a good idea to split the group we have on Friday Night MOAG Sessions.

2. Time. Time is not the problem. I know that Shadowwire will take this the wrong way, but I am going to say it anyway. Shadowwires control issue is the problem. Let go a little bit! Let me help! Let Pablo help! You have a group of very creative people surrounding you ever Friday night that would love the challenge of putting together bits and pieces of a MOAG book. Let us help! Instead of one person having a minute amount of time you have several persons with a minute amount of time, that equals a little bit of time which might not be a lot, but it's more. Again, BRAIN STORM SESSIONS!!!

1. Money? We don't need no stinking money!!! At least not at this stage. We need to get a layout set up and then a rough form of the book (more complete then the one we have right now) and then we need to get it out to people that can help us on the money end. There are company's out there that would love to take this game and make it into a marketable mega cash machine. All we would have to do is put up our defenses and not let too much control go.

The book is not doomed. In fact it is further from doom then you might think. There is plenty of resources out there that we can tap into. Besides, why the hell am I being the optimistic one??? This is making me feel dirty.

Oh, and don't forget the Midgets... and Tom Cruise... he will strike when you least expect it.

2 comments:

Pablo Diablo said...

It seems I just poked a snake pit with a stick. YES!
I agree we need to brain storm. Maybe assign certain peoples to do things. Take some of the load off Shadowwire and Salvaggio, perhaps?

Really though I need a stack of paper and a pencil and a copy of Shadowwire's brain.

So see ya guys friday and to those i won't :P

Bot said...

You don't need Shadowwires brain. You have your own ideas and thoughts for the game.