19.9.08

Bot's Early Morning Video Game Pick's of the Moment

Well, I thought since Salvaggio had his movie picks of the week that I would start to post my games of the moment... and I say "of the moment" because I suffer (or enjoy every moment of it) from ADD and have the ability to change video games at the blink of an eye. So without further ado.... LOOK!!! SOMETHING SHINY!!!....... on with the show.




Not just the Creator Creature that we talked about a while ago, but the whole darn thing. It may be short, but it leaves you saying "oh man Spore 2 is going to be freakin' awesome." (Kind of the same thing I did with Fable.) The premise is simple. Take your creature from a single cell organism to a space faring being. That is also where the fun lies. It's an amazingly addictive game that can be played quickly (it took me two night to get to the Space Stage) but you can enjoy every moment of it. The down side is it does cost $50! Which for some people (namely college students, the generally poor and family people whose names are not Salvaggio) can be a little steep. I give this game a score of "try it, you'll like it!" And that's with none of the fizzy alka seltzer after taste.

Now on to number 2!!! Which is my number 1!!!





OMG!!! (G = Gosh) I never really got into the whole rhythm game thing until Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii which was fun but didn't keep my interest, and then I played the first Rock Band with some friends (Omally, Kadaj and PRP to be exact) needless to say, that was the game that finally made me get the XBox 360. Not Halo, not.... umm.... is there anything else out there for the 360???...... Oh well! Anyway, I heart this game! I played it every day for the the almost 6 months I owned it and when I had the chance to pre order Rock Band 2 I had it paid off lickity split. I got Rock Band 2 over the weekend (I won't say on Friday) on Sunday and it is better then the first. All the songs that I had downloaded for the first one work perfectly on the second. 55 out of the 58 songs on the first disc transferred nicely to the 360 HDD and now work great on 2. PLUS Rock Band 2 has 84 songs on disc! I have over 200 songs now and it's just going to get worse!!! Harmonix puts out 3 - 5 new downloadable songs every week and you know I am going to be getting more. (I got Duran Duran's Rio for Heavens sake!) This game gets an "ACTIVATE OVERDRIVE!!!"

Anyway, try these two games whenever you can. They are fun and well worth it.

20 comments:

Juanito said...

"roooock baaaaand 2" (as i drool)...

...I think that i have become a rock band zombie, luckily i can only play it like once a week.

Salvaggio said...

$50 bucks eh? I think I can get both of those for free. Okay, start throwing things now.

Bot said...

That is the reason your name was mentioned..... and that I programed the subliminal message in it that will cause all the MOAG Bloggers to hunt you down and kill you.... whoops.

Salvaggio said...

Well, you never asked if I could get them for you, which I would have responded thusly... "email me and we'll talk specifics, but yeah, I can get you a deal."

Unfortunately no email containing said words ever reached my inbox.

squirrel-the-tire said...

I haven't been able to play either, but I kick butt with guitar hero, and rock band.

Bot said...

You're right, I am the loser.... what a jerk I am. :)

squirrel-the-tire said...

So is there more Dragonforce and metallica on Rock Band 2?

Bot said...

There is another Metallica song on Rock Band 2, but there was never a Dragonforce song on it, you are thinking Guitar Hero 3.

squirrel-the-tire said...

yeah I know, I was just curious. What metallica song?

Bot said...

Battery from Master of Puppets.

squirrel-the-tire said...

:)
-------------------------
-------------------------
------------------0------
--3-2---2---2--0--0------
--2-----0---0-----5------
--------1---2-----3------

squirrel-the-tire said...

Grr... it didn't line up right....

Bot said...

Tab never lines up right.

squirrel-the-tire said...

meh. still fun to play...

Salvaggio said...

I'm installing spore tonight... should be fun.

squirrel-the-tire said...

hmmm... I should see if Zac's lappy can handle it...

Bot said...

Give me your Spore profile name Salvaggio. Mine is Bot0107 (as per usual.)

Salvaggio said...

Mine is Salvaggio, as usual.

Shadowwire said...

And as usual, Im too buisy at work to do Sh*t.
A week in Lubbock TX isnt as exciting as it sounds.

Bot said...

Shadowwire.... Do I need to make a comment to that last line? I will refrain this time........ but you know what I was going to say.