3.9.08

Brought to you by Monday...


Okay, here's a quick image I did this afternoon while at work (we have some down time at the moment, so needless to say my time is spent between rousing Wii Tennis matches on the plasma in our lobby, and concept art). It started out as a lizard, possibly a macaneon, but as I sketched away "Harvey" here came out. I really like it so far, I'm going to add some darks and whatnot, but there it is. All done in Photoshop in roughly 2-3 hours.

Also, please don't stop responding to Bot's philosophical quandaries. I would take the time to post my thoughts, but I'm quite busy at home with some freelance stuff.

But since you asked, if Isaiah saw Seraphim with six wings, and many prophets have seen animals and whatnot around the throne, perhaps a Klisk can exist, as a sentient animal, or something like that (the reason I bring up Seraphim, is that they appear different from a person, and while this is mostly representational, it is possible that other beings are out there). It is a very interesting question. I know that God has made all His children in His image, so the only way a "Klisk" would exist is if it was not a Child of God. Now don't get me wrong, if it is a sentient animal, then it's still a creation of The Almighty, and would still be loved and redeemed through the atonement of Christ, and would have it's place in the eternities. Anyway, I'm probably going off the deepend here, but it seems like a reasonable explanation to me. I'm pretty sure there are some life forms out there that we have never seen, but that the Lord is all-knowingly aware of.

Anyway, enjoy the art.

4 comments:

Bot said...

I like it, but I feel like there is a story around this character. Is there?

Salvaggio said...

Maybe. Like I said, it just kind of came out of nowhere. I call him Harvey... my legal council suggests Harvard. Or Harold. Seeing as Harvey is conveniently taken. I'm sure there will be a story, and if I ever make it down there for an extended trip, I'd like to convince Shadowwire to let me make him into a MOAG character. I really like him. I think it has something to do with the Hook...

squirrel-the-tire said...

Sweet! I like the textured wings, and the beak. Nice sketch!

squirrel-the-tire said...

Harvey the wonder.... eagle-man?