28.9.08

Bot's Early Morning Video Game Pick's of the Moment (Classic Version)

Okay, so neither is this in the early morning or a game I am playing at the moment. But since I am still occupied with Rock Band 2 and Spore and I have the time, I thought that I would reminisce rather than go on and on about Rock Band 2 and Spore......... which are awesome........... still....

Anyway!!! Here we go. Imagine, if you will, a beautiful summer in Northern California. Hot weather outside, but the cooler keeps the house nice and cool. The Sevy house has just bought an Atari 2600 and one of the first games we got was Yars Revenge.



For the time, this game was amazing and it probably still is! I just haven't played it forever. For those of you who don't know (and most of you probably don't) the object of this game was to take your flying mechanical insect (a Yar) and destroy the enemy base that was protected by a thick layer of shield that the Yar could eat away.


The static in the middle of the screen is not a glitch, it is the safe zone where the enemies missile could not kill you. Aww the memories..... For more information on this and other wonderful games go to wikipedia and look them up.

2 comments:

Shadowwire said...

Wow Im the first comment! Do I win a prize?
Yars revenge was not my favorite 2600 game, but it was my favorite to watch Bot play.
My personal favorite was, War Lords! Or "Bore lords" as Jose so affectionately called it.
Combat was cool too, as was Asteroids. I remember Jose rolling Asteroids like four or five times in one game. Im probably exagerating, but you can imagine.

Bot said...

Those games were so pattern orientated that you could have seen him go through it 4 or 5 times. Based on the amount of time he had... and knowing Jose, that would have been a lot!!!