4.2.09

Jadak 4, we have a problem.... Jadak 4?.... Hello?

This is just great. Uhh... Science Officer log. Entry 107-02. Qillus speaking.

I am in complete shock right now. It seems that the good Captain gave me a shuttle with some problems with the communications array and conveniently forgot to tell me about it. Unfortunately, I don't have a personal communicator on me right now. Thought I wouldn't need it because the ship has such a nice comm system. Now, here I am... stuck for the time being because... OH YEAH, the engines are not working properly either!

I need to calm down and just start with the mission. I have my environmental suit on and some light armor over that, just in case I have predicted wrong. I am going to start my scans first, just get some basics out of the way and then set up camp. If I can't get the comm up and running I will be here for at least a week before they send someone down.

At any rate, I am going to open the cargo door now.

The sun is bright in the sky. The gravity feels about normal. I do feel a little lighter on my feet, but that may be because I am the first Gargonan to set foot on this planet.

I am going to begin my scans now.

Ahh! I'm not just excited. The gravity is .85 normal. The temperature is... slightly over 46. We have a wind coming from planetary North at a steady 8 kilometers an hour. Hot, but not too bad. I will have to watch my hydration.

This planet is beautiful in it's own way. I have never-- What's this?

I am picking up a lifeform on the scanner. I can't see it from here, but if the scanner is accurate I believe it is one of them. This is fascinating. I'm positive that I landed far from any of the herds, and from the breif time I studied them from the Jadak 4 I didn't notice any of them wandering off.

I will finish setting up my base camp and then I will go look for this one.

7 comments:

squirrel-the-tire said...

Sweet!
now it's been connected...
interesting how he's thinking of the lizard species instead of sargonans...
also that he didn't notice the sargonans this long... makes the race that much more awesome for it to make sense...

squirrel-the-tire said...

this makes me want to write something.. I need to find something t write about..

Sholk_Vore said...

I quite enjoy the experience of meeting the sargonans for the first time. Keep up the good work.

I am not shure I can compete with your stories, I am still trying to decide what would be the best MOAG story to post.
Great job with all the great post's.

Bot said...

I just want to say something, not just to Squirrel and Sholk, but to everyone. Just write! Put some time in it, write it from the top of your head, whatever. Just write! You think you can't write or you think you're the best. JUST WRITE! I don't care what is written, just do it. More importantly, have fun with it. :)

Shadowwire said...

Bot's write, I mean right. Some of the best stuff I've written I just started writing and rervised later. If you have an idia, dont worry about how its written, just write it!
You guys (and gals) ROCK!

squirrel-the-tire said...

yeah.. I second the motion of wire..

Juanito said...

cool cool stories! keep em up... youre giving me the inspiration to write some of my own!