24.2.09

Military Insignias - First Pass

Here are two versions of some Military Insignias I came up with for the Conar (the left) and the Gargonan (the right).  I was playing around with a Logo for MOAG, and came up with the Conar skull thingy that I thought was pretty cool, and would stand better on it's own, and I came up with the Conar logo.  I really like it, and I took some cues from Russian and German military insignias.  I think the Conar are a military first society, and their Insignia would reflect the hard line stance.

The Gargonan symbol is a mixed bag.  I started going for a more eastern style, but it turned out to be more rune like, almost celtic.  I do like how it is centerd by the one triangle, representing the one eye of the Holy Gargonan.  The text says "Federated Planets of Gargona".

Anyway, there you have it.  I'll try to post some more as I come up with them, besides, they're fun to come up with.

6 comments:

Bot said...

These are nice, but I am not sure about the star behind the skull. I think the symbol can stand by itself and... I don't know... whose to say that a Conar "star" would have five points.

I really like the Gargonan one though. I like the runes.

Salvaggio said...

I agree with you on the star. I'll try some other things, maybe a rune type symbol or something that is a bit more Conar.

squirrel-the-tire said...

yeah, as awesome as it looks in the first place, you ca probably do something more awesome than the star.

I think I like the conar one better, but they're both awesome.

Phantom Gravedigger said...

I really love how eye-catching and intimidating this insignias are; I think they catch the essense of their respective army that they represent.

Also, I freaking want an army hat with like, patches of these on them. That'd be bloody awesome.

-P.

Shadowwire said...

I concur.

Kang said...

I meant to say something about this earlier, but I forgot.

I absolutely love the Gargonan insignia. I think it's perfect. I like the triquetra in the middle.
The writing is distinctly different than that of the Conar, which is probably my favorite aspect of it and it looks geometrically orderly and Gargonan like.

Nice, Salvaggio! You nailed it!