7.2.09

Prologue: Reyak’s Purpose Part 1

So in our late night activities last night I had the great desire to do a really good official like figure drawing and of course I drew a Gorilla actually more precise, a Gorloch. Well and actually I just wanted to do a picture to go along with a story I have been wanting to write. This story is actually based on a character from a campaign we did a while ago so I hope you all enjoy. And without further ado here is the story of "The Ones Who Ventured Forth."





He looked across the valley into the astonishing sunrise, wondering if this, all this, was really what was best for his tribe. He took this moment to bask in the enjoyment of each and every little part of his family, but again he was reminded of his plan to help improve his kind.
Since he was chosen to lead his Gorloch Tribe, Reyak noticed many problems. Guilaga, was the previous chief who made everything look so easy— but upon gaining leadership Reyak realized that things were not as easy as they seemed. Many of the members of the tribe had suffered from the strange curse which slowly killed them off; little did they know it was a strand of bacterial disease. Every time the ships came Reyak pleaded with the bizarre trading creatures for help or relief from this curse. Each time these traders explained that they would not risk getting infected to help them. Reyak finally made the decision to travel with these traders in order to learn from the other worlds and hopefully find the help that his tribe so desperately needed.
It may have been a short few years but felt like an eternity because of the experience and knowledge Reyak gained in his trip with the traders. Though much wisdom was earned, every truth he had found never lead him to a cure for the curse on his tribe. Eventually his travels with the traders lead him to the giant space station Koje. Something in this place gave Rayak hope; he could feel that somehow in this haven he would find the relief for afflicted kin! One day, while residing here, a creature came into a bar Reyak was staying and announced to the crowd, “My name is Savara and as representative of the Tiberion Corp. I am recruiting mercenaries and hired hands for a special mission.”
“What’s in it for us?” shouted someone from the mass of persons.
“All we can say is that those who join will be paid handsomely,” she responded.Reyak didn’t know what this feeling was but something in that moment made him believe that he was in exactly the right place at exactly the right moment. He quickly stood up and responded in the broken Macaneon he learned from the traders, “I go! I fight!” With that he left the building and entered a great ship with the creature named Savara.

7 comments:

squirrel-the-tire said...

sweet....
Sam's crap internet won't let me load the MOAG page properly...
I had to go through links instead of seeing what's going on...
it's really annoying, and sholk should update it, or put on firefox, or something so that It'll load pages properly.

squirrel-the-tire said...

wait a min..
It's putting your's after sam's...
wierd....

Sholk_Vore said...

I like it, love the personal touch. Good job you great big monkey.

squirrel-the-tire said...

yeah.. it's awesome..
Hope you all enjoy mine.

Bot said...

Good start, Juanito. You have just inspired me to start the origin story of the Tiberion Corp. I have tons of notes from various MOAG sessions that are just sitting there waiting for me to do something with them.... Maybe I should wait until I finish my Sargonian story though... and the Sound of Silence story isn't over yer either. :)

Juanito said...

Hey that would be awesome because I got the quick rundown of the basic Tiberian Story but to have it nicely articulated in written form would be amazing! But I would recommend finishing the Sargonian story first, Ha Ha just because I want more of it!

squirrel-the-tire said...

yeah, me too that sargonian story is freaking awesome. So is this, and pretty much, everything I've seen on this blog... :)