10.2.09

When the Sky Creature Turned from Silver to Green

Here is the next installment of the Sargonian Story. Hope you enjoy....


Roshiss moved across the sand slowly, creeping along on all six legs to keep as quiet as he could. The Sky Creature had gone back into the piece of sky moments before and that is when Roshiss had decided to move.
“This is crazy.” He thought to himself. “Why am I doing this? What if he sees me? What if I’m not supposed to see him? “
Roshiss stopped, took a deep breath and waited for his spirit to calm. This was the most spectacular thing that ever happened to anyone in his tribe and he wasn’t going to let his over active imagination get the best of him.
He moved again, as slowly as before, keeping the piece of sky squarely in view at all times. It looked as though it had several jagged edges and parts jutted out in different ways, making it look as though it had shattered before it had fallen. Roshiss could also here the subtle sound of humming coming from the piece of sky.
“There must be some insects trapped inside.” Roshiss thought. “I wonder how they got there.”
Then the sky creature appeared again and Roshiss froze in place, hoping that he was blending into the surrounding landscape. Its silver skin brighter then Roshiss had first thought. It now carried a large silver box and placed it on the sand not far from the piece of sky. Then it promptly turned around and went back inside.
Roshiss moved again, this time slower than before. The creature could return at any time and He was getting further away from the rocks that could help him to hide.
Then he heard the sound of a small animal, chirping. It was unlike any creature he had heard before and Roshiss had thought he had seen and heard all of the creatures in this area. It was rather consistent also, keeping the same exact sound at the same rhythm, over and over again. Roshiss, now only ten meters away from the silver box, knew that if the creature emerged from the piece of sky his only hiding option would be to drop down on his stomach and hope that the creature didn’t have good eye sight.
Unfortunately, Roshiss had to do just that. The creature ran out of the piece of sky looking around in all directions. He could now hear the sounds that it made as it swung its head back and forth looking for something. The sounds were very foreign to Roshiss. The sky creature sounded as if it had something caught in its throat all the time, but Roshiss knew that it was speaking.
“Are there more of these things in the piece of sky?” Roshiss thought, laying as still as he could. “If there are more, I hope they are all friendly.”
The sky creature ran over to the silver box and opened it. The chirping noise became louder as the box opened and Roshiss realized that the small animal was inside the box. Only, it wasn’t a creature at all. At least, it wasn’t a creature by itself. It was the part of the sky creature that it had removed from itself and walked around with before it had retrieved the box from inside the piece of sky.
The creature turned towards Roshiss, holding the piece of itself in front of it. It kept looking at the piece and back in Roshiss’ direction. Then it walked towards him, slowly yet deliberately towards him.
Roshiss stayed as still as he could. Maybe the creature hadn’t seen him yet.
“It will turn before it gets to me.” He thought. “It hasn’t seen me yet and it will turn before it gets to me. If it gets too close, I’ll have to turn and run.”
Fortunately, right before the creature got too close for Roshiss’ comfort it stopped, reattached the piece of itself and took its own head off.
“It’s a demon!” Roshiss’ mind screamed. “By the grace of Serenity, keep still and don’t move.”
Roshiss realized that he had closed his eyes, but his curiosity didn’t keep them closed for long. He opened them to see that the creature had not removed its head, but had removed a layer of skin from its head, revealing another layer that was green. The sky creature had rocks protruding from the top of its head and around the jaw area much like Roshiss’. The main difference, besides the fact that it was now green instead of silver, was the one big eye in the middle of the creatures face.
It spoke again, but Roshiss could not understand the sounds that were coming from its mouth. It knelt down in front of him only a few meters away. It didn’t make any sudden movements towards him.
“What should I do?” He thought. “I think this creature is trying to communicate with me, but I don’t know what he is saying.”
Then Roshiss did something that he thought he would never be able to do. He stood up in front of the creature.

5 comments:

Salvaggio said...

Dang you Bot! Now all I want to do is stop writing on my story and write this one! Keep it up! And as for my story, well, I've got other things to do, so I might not post any more chapters for a while, but I'll post SOMETHING here soon.

Bot said...

I'm just glad it makes sense. I posted this last night and I'm not feeling to well and I was on Nyquil and I was half asleep already!

I think I am going to take a break from this one for a couple nights so that I may continue my silver disk story.

squirrel-the-tire said...

This is freaking awesome...

squirrel-the-tire said...

I love the way you go from the first person with Roshiss. You're definetly doing a freaking awesome job with this.

Sholk_Vore said...

Excellent, keep up the good work. Your story makes for a good read. I can hardly wait for the next installment.