30.1.09

The Book.

I was just perusing the MOAG archives (we've been doing this for a year and a half!) and stumbled onto the posts from last january discussing "The Book".  We were just starting to get interested, and getting some traction on the blog and everyone wanted to start assisting with getting it finished and published, or at least in some sort of bindable form so that other MOAGers could have the book as a resource.  

Anyway, I've been thinking that with the recent activity on the blog, the Create-a-creature was a brilliant idea, we should start trying to focus a little more on getting more of the MOAG details hammered out.  So I am now making a plea to all the MOAGers out there, as well as a more focused... request to Shadowwire.  All of the creatures submitted have been excellent, as has been noted in the comments.  Some of them, mainly mine, aren't developed fully as far as skill levels and whatnot.  My plea is this:  Write up an official species description for your species.  One that would be worthy to go in the book.  Shadowwire, this is where you come in.  If you could post a simple outline as to what a species description needs for the book purposes, that would be very handy.  Post your species description up, and we'll start to organize things.  Some of the species are very nearly finished, but all could use just a little polish.  

Anyway, I'm going to start, in my spare time, doing the layout for the book.  If you have any suggestions, post them here.  

Let's keep up the good work, and not to jinx it or anything, but we're only a few posts away from our best posting month in our short blog life!  

Okay, carry on.

7 comments:

Bot said...

My suggestion... racing stripes!!!

Bot said...

I was going to make another comment, but it got really big... so I will post a full blog.

Juanito said...

I just want to say I love this blog! You all are gentlemen (and women) and scholars, AND TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Sholk_Vore said...

I totally agree Salvaggio. This whole create a species has been sweet. We all have some sort of imagination, some more deranged then others.
It would be nice to have some sort of reference materials, not to mention some new ideas for mr. Shadowwire. I will get to work on my polished materials and get back to you.

Xzebo said...

I haven't heard much about this book (I'll go back through the post and read more on it) but still i was wondering... Is this book just like a creature/character book with descriptions? Or does it have a MOAG general history in it as well? OR.... am i completely way off the subject? Anywho why im asking is because i would love for it too have the MOAG history because i dont really know that much about it... anywho thats my petition for the book.

Captain O. said...

Not many of you really know me and I'm not entirely sure this comment will be seen let alone respected. But about the book idea I was thinking maybe of instead it being printed or just being accessed through the site you could have a part on the site where you could download it on your computer so if you have a laptop which a lot of us do but no internet you can just look up the info saved on your pc. Just a thought.

Captain O. said...

Also, I agree with Xzebo said because I'm a newcomer and don't know much about the history either.