23.1.09

Sholk Vore



Ok this isn’t squirrel.

This is Sholke Vore, and I am sick of not being able to post.

That said, here is my species for the MOAG blog. A little something I have been playing with for a long time, but could never get anyone to draw it.
The fish did the original and I liked some of the result. Ok so I am not to sure on the species name, but I do have some fun stuff for you.

This species is very bug like six limbs and as you can see some funky eyes.
They have segmented eyes like a fly, I haven’t decided on a eye color yet. I like red but it didn’t look too good trying to paint them red. They use mimicry for communication as well as a color changing skin. Hopefully you can see its beak that is a lot like a parrot. Their skin is like a cuddle fish, in that it expands and contracts pigments on the surface, giving them the ability to change color quickly. They use the tentacles on their face for a lot of the more delicate work. Though each of their six legs each are capable of manipulating objects. They are very small in comparison to other moag species, around three feet tall. Though smart, perhaps not as smart as the Motie, but smarter than most. Most species think they are not intelligent because of their social behavior. They survive in packs and attach themselves, on a social level, to other stronger species for protection.

So in a review I would classify this species as a very social species, not very strong but very dexterous and perceptive. Oh I almost forgot that they have an exoskeleton, so perhaps a little strong for their size, and extra endurance. I like the idea of them being a silicon based life form, but I leave that up to the shadowwire.

also, this pic would look more like a female than a male.. a male would have more pronounced ridges.. like a triceratops or such...

also, I was thinking of giving the females wings.. but I don't know how well it would work....

Hope you like it.

10 comments:

squirrel-the-tire said...

*squirrel speaking here*
I think it's a pretty awesome character that needs to be drawn properly. This is barely close to the way sholk describes it.. he needs to have an account for himself, and to describe this thing to you artisans..

Shadowwire said...

So, Is that just the head? or the entire body?
Nice post though. I like the attaching bit.
Oh, and I'll get you an invite, but whats your e-mail?

Shadowwire said...

There you go Sholk.vore
You have been re-sent the same invite that was sent months ago.

squirrel-the-tire said...

yay for him.

Sholk_Vore said...

ok, so yea its just the head. and i didnt mean phisicaly attached, just an emotional level of attachment. though that might be cool too. perhaps i can come up with somethig like that.

Sholk_Vore said...

ok, well thanks for trying, but still no invite :(
i think that this blog must have something against me, maybe moag just hates me or something.

Shadowwire said...

We could try annother e-mail address if you would like?
Let me Know.

Bot said...

This is an interesting species choice. I wish I could see the body, but it is a fine entry. I like the description as well.

Sholk_Vore said...

Please feel free to help me design the body of this species. I really could use the help.

Bot said...

My help would be limited as I never really passed the stick figure stage in my artistic abilities.