27.1.09

A Warning from the Past

Bahtouri stood at the computer staring into a void that only he could see through. The steps he would be taking shortly would give his species more of a chance to continue on, but at a most wicked price.
His slender hands brushed the input display and it came to life.
The computer spoke to him almost instantly. "Good Evening Dr. Dorohn. How are you today?"
"Uh," he stuttered. "I've been better."
After a brief moment the computer spoke again. "Would you like to talk about what is troubling you?"
"No" Bahtouri blurted out, "I mean, yes... I mean, somewhat."
He took a deep breath and brushed along another portion of the display. The action brought up a diagram of the building he stood in. Little flashing red dots littered the corridors and rooms that were now on display.
"Computer, I need you to record something for me." His voice wavered for a moment. "I need you to record what I am about to say, encrypt the message with a variably omni-decimal code and play it for anyone that comes in here that has no trace of species four eight fifteen DNA, shut down all remaining systems on the grid and await further instructions from me and me alone. If at any time your security systems are breached, you then need to active self destruct per Dr. Bahtouri Se Dorohn access code Abarri eight two eight Mancharin seven Quinti. The timer will be set for exactly twenty two cycles. Is all of that understood? And give me an estimation on how long these instructions will take to perform and set up."
"All instructions were received. Estimated cycle rotation is ten point ten."
"Thank you computer. Please begin recording."
Several pages of data flickered into existence on the main screen of the computer and then minimized to the lower right secondary screen.
"This is Dr. Bahtouri Dorohn. I am one of very few surviving Utobiians." He took a moment to find the words that so suddenly had eluded him. "I... I didn't mean for this to happen, but it has. The Wargutters were mere pets, used for sport. Their tactical abilities were to be heightened... but I never imagined that they would become sentient."
A siren began to blare all around the large room. A page flew up from the upper left secondary screen into the main view. The diagram of the building with the red dots appeared again. Only, the dots had started to move towards each other.
"Computer, pause recording. What are they doing?" He asked.
"Species four eight fifteen appear to be coming together in groups as well as moving towards your location." The computer answered.
"They are forming packs."
Bahtouri did not believe the words that came out of his mouth. Yet, there the Wargutters were on screen, doing just what he had said.
"How much time is left?"
"Approximately two cycles."
"Good. Computer resume recording. I don't have much time. They are moving in packs now and I believe it will not take long for them to find me. To whomever hears this message. I do not know if we will be able to survive, but it is the only hope we have to cont--"
A noise that Bahtouri knew all to well came from the other side of the main door. The snarling, growling and cries for blood, of the Wargutters sent shivers up his spine. Claws pounded and scraped at the door.
"They are here. Know that this is the only chance that my species has to survive and it is a slim one. The others are asleep and I will join them soon. Only if the Wargutters are gone will we have a chance to survive. They have a lust for our blood. Although any biped that comes to this planet will be in grave danger."
The pounding on the door became more intense as more Wargutters moved in. The door began to shake and buckle under the new pressure.
"Corridor sixteen twenty three. Containers forty two through fifty one. Remember, only awaken us if the Wargutters are gone."
The computer interrupted. "Dr. Dorohn, the instructions are complete. Set up is also complete."
"Thank you computer. Finish the sequence and pray to Matatan that the Utobiians will survive."
Bahtouri ran towards a side door in the room. As it opened he bolted past, closed the door and locked it with a simple brush of the keypad.
The computer quickly closed pages, shut down the secondary screens one by one and then the main screen. A large heavy door slid around the entire computer as the room went dark.



14 comments:

Salvaggio said...

Awesome! We need more of this, Mr. Bot.

Bot said...

Why thank you Mr. Salvaggio. This is what happens when I am bored and wide awake after midnight! :)

Juanito said...

LOL NICE! I love the story... problem is it makes me want to elaborate on my Ormigites' story... LOL I don't actually know if that will happen but I just want to say again... Awesome Bot, Awesome!

Juanito said...

Oh and is the creature picture of Dr. Dorohn, or just of the species? LOL just wanted to know!

Bot said...

These pictures are of Dr. Dorohn, but the Utobiians really don't vary much from one to the other. The biggest difference is in their "hair" and the two ridges on their back while females do have a shorter snout.

Oh, by the way. I do have an idea for another story, but this one involves existing MOAG species, I just have to confer with Mr. Shadowwire before I start that one.

Juanito said...

Thats totally awesome! You should do it!

Xzebo said...

Well heck now i want to write a story about my character too! lol :)
You know what... i really think that all of these characters should ener the MOAG universe and that the lucky winner should become a playable species... I think it'll be kinda sad if one gets picked and we never hear from the others in MOAG at all... they are all so good... anywho thats my thought....
~Xzebo

Bot said...

I agree with you Xzebo, but I would like to make a character from most of these species.

Shadowwire said...

Hmmm...
I'll think this over.

Bot said...

What would we have to do to sway your thoughts Mr. Shadowwire? I can't even decide which of my two species I like better. Let alone all these other ones!

Xzebo said...

Cookies? Donuts? Fishtsick-bubblegum sauce covered creampuffs? And if that doesnt sway your opinion i volunteer Bot to give you all his worldy possesions. lol XD

Xzebo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bot said...

Ummmm.... That last idea was a bad one... Almost as bad as the second to last one. Unfortunately, while disgusting as it sounds, my worldly possessions do keep me sane. Fishstick-bubblegum sauce covered creampuffs just make me sick.

squirrel-the-tire said...

this is just awesome! It was a bad idea to be non-existent yesterday... This is a lot of activity for the blog, and I love it.